Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Me vs. Spaghetti Sauce Canning

From August 2009

I won!
It all began Sunday around 3:30pm...
Actually it all began a few days ago when I received an abundance of tomatoes from our neighbor's garden.
To peel the tomatoes, dip them briefly in boiling water...
Then an icy cold bath... the peel slips right off.
Francesca enjoyed some tomato while waiting for her mommy to hold her...
Here's a portion of the 20+ pounds of peeled home grown tomato goodness...
Here's some of them seeded and squeezed of most of their juice.
I ended up with 40 oz of tomato juice.
Soon Jason will enjoy some home-made bloody mary's.
Mommy holding her precious tomato stained princess...
More ingredients to be added:
onion, basil, oregano, salt, pepper, garlic, red pepper...
More yummy natural vitamin c and lycopene...
There's my new monster of a pressure cooker! After I cooked the sauce and ladled it into the 9 jars, it was about 8:30. Once I got the pressure up to 11 pounds, they processed for 25 minutes.
All processed and ready to be put up!

No comments:

Post a Comment